Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rescued


This is basically what has been consuming the majority of my time and energy. This new little bundle of joy.

Brody the golden boy is officially 12 weeks old but we are on our 4th week together and as puppy raising goes....all has gone well.

The only thing is that he is SPOILED rotten. Even Bailey didn't get the kind of treatment Brody gets.

Brody already sleeps with me and goes EVERYWHERE in the truck with me.

Unfortunately, I don't have children.....really it was not because I never wanted kids...but I spent many years in a relationship I should have gotten out of. I made a series of bad relationship choices and now I'm in my 40's with the perfect man....but it's very questionable on whether well will have kids. A bit risky at my age.....

Long story short.....my maternal instincts have all been dumped on this puppy so I speak like a googly dumb new mommy in this video and I swear I treat him and talk about him like he was a 2 year old human!

Well, running has really been tough since Shamrock...and not for lack of motivation but damn! It hurts like hell right now! I'm so frustrated too because it just doesn't seem to want to let up. I feel like maybe its just knotted up muscles in my butt....that's where all the pain is. My knees, calves and quads are all fine. Just my butt.....ooooh....its so sore still!! I have been getting plenty of rest too.....um slept and fought allergies for the majority of my spring break.

So, I bagged the 1/2 marathon last weekend and pussed out of a 10K I was signed up for today. I'm just not up to it. Its pitiful.....

The weather has turned around on the East Coast FINALLY and I'm going to shift gears and start riding my bike.

I need to work on a running goal....I'm a little lost right now with out a goal.

Until then.....my time and energies go here-

A rescued soul....who rescued mine......




10 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, we could be sister's, I spent way too many year's with the wrong guy and then bad relationships too, but at least now you have a great guy and little Brody, who by the way is adorable!!

Toooo cute!

joyRuN said...

Congratulations, Kelly! Looks like you & Brody will be having quite a blast together :)

Jen said...

Oh Kelly! I am sooo happy for you!! Brody is adorable!
The video and picture of him brought tears to my eyes...what a wimp I am. :)
I am so happy to hear you are happy.
When are we gonna plan our summer vacation? :)

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm not blogging anymore, I still have to peek in on my bloggy friends, and boy am I so glad I did today :)

That video put a big smile on my face!! How sweet is Brody?!! He is very lucky to have you, just as you are to have him.

I love the last line...and totally understand :)

The Laminator said...

Brody looks like such a cute dog. He is adorable. I'm sure you both will have a lot of fun adventures together.

Kelly said...

He is darling. Congratulations!

Amy said...

Awwww Brody is soooo cute! :) Thanks for sharing pics and video!

Felice Devine said...

Aw, so cute! You needed a little love puppy! Good for you.

Aron said...

omg i want another puppy!!!! :) my parents just got a rott puppy (we have a rott too) and we met her this weekend (pics on my weekend post) ahhh i wanted to steal her and take her home!! enjoy your puppy days :)

Hone said...

Cute little puppy!!

The only thing that I hate about them is the puppy breath. It is so disgusting. I am a huge dog person and take my mine with me pretty much everywhere.

He looks like he will be a faithful companion. Hopefully you will have some fun adventures with him in the future.

Summer Vacation