Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hannah Banana

Well, here I sit.....watching it rain sideways.  I got awake early this morning because DOH!....forgot to turn off my alarm.  But as soon as I got awake, my mind rapidly started thinking about that 10K I was SUPPOSED to run this morning.  The Hampton Bay Days 10K run was actually part of a large weekend festival starting yesterday and running until tomorrow.  Lots of festivities, music, vendors and the RUN!  But well, its all been cancelled due to the tropical storm that is now blowing lots of leaves in my pool and dumping a ton of rain on my out of control yard.   

Things to possibly do today:

1.  Laundry?  Ok, yeah...better do that we are out of running bras

2.  Clean house? Uh......let me think on that one-

3.  Crawl on the couch and watch a movie?  Sounding much better....

4.  Eat lots Edy's Slow Churn Yogurt Blend ice cream?  Oh baby keep talking!

5.  Take a long nap after 1/2 gal. of ice cream.....yes, yes YES!!

But really....what SHOULD I do?  Take advantage of this crappy weather and go to the gym.

Wonder Boy is leaving me today and will be gone through Monday.  He is actually headed to SC for some golfing on Sunday.  I'm going to miss him.....weekends are our only real quality time together.  Poo.....

This week's running was a struggle for me.  I'm really fighting with myself to get motivated after school.   I had a FANTASTIC brick on Wednesday night....it really was a last minute "whim" thing but I rode out on Ol' speedy for 30 miles and my legs felt fresh so I cranked an ave. of 20-21 mph.  Then I got off the bike and had planned in my head to go 3 miles but I ended up doing 6 and averaged 8:34 mpm.  I was SO excited.  I did have to concentrate and dig WAY deep to finish that last mile on pace.  I felt it on my 8 miler the next day with Running Buddy.

Ok, so no 10K today and I hope Ike just stays away otherwise next weekend's Sandman Tri might be in jeopardy.  Not that I'm ready for that ocean water swim.  I feel so guilty and full of shame.....and I think I'm going to learn a hard lesson, but I just haven't prepared very well for the swim.  If I don't drown....I will kick some hard ass on the bike/run.

Stay tuned......blessings from the East Coast.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer your race was cancelled. But, what an amazing brick you had last week!! WOW - you are fast!!

Hope you're happy with whatever you're doing today. Numbers 3-5 all made me grin. I HAVE to do laundry today though. ugh.

Enjoy your weekend :-)

Summer Vacation