Monday, December 8, 2008

A Turkey Trot or a Trotting Turkey???

This might be one of the dumbest posts ever...but tonight my dear friends.... I got chased by a turkey on my run. Yeah, you read it right....a FRICKIN' TURKEY!

I was 2 miles into my 6 miler tonight....crankin' a good 8 mpm pace....ZZ Top blazin' in my ear when I come upon a few "wild" baby turkeys. No big deal...I see them all the time on my runs. I really thought they were partidges or something. Who the hell knows??

Anyway, they were so cute all gathered in the middle of the street as I came running up on them. Then OUT OF THE BUSHES comes the mutha turkey and she was NOT happy. I'm tellin you this turkey was a full on big ass turkey!!  What the hell?? That turkey came after me pissed off. 

I have NEVER had such an experience. And really it wouldn't be blog worthy if it hadn't been for the fact that normally, I get chased by dogs..... and angry drivers or jerks on bikes. But a TURKEY?? AND....it chased me for about 2 min up the road with its wrinkly nasty neck and red goozle all stretched out ready to peck my freakin' leg! I really couldn't believe it was happening to me.


Ok, this really isn't the turkey that chased me....but this is EXACTLY what she looked like. That chase felt like it went on forever.

Tonight's run results: 
6 miles in 47 min 47 seconds and a trip to the gym for some core work

Weekend run results
51 min 10K with Running Buddy at the Army/Navy 10k (got 6th place)
1 hr 52 min 13 miler with Running Buddy in the CCCold and wind.....

Happy Monday friends...oh and a big ass shout out to Frayed Laces who scored BOSTON this weekend!! 




6 comments:

Sarah said...

This post is killing me!! That is so funny - I would have freaked out!! : )

Amy said...

Hahahahahahah!! That is hilarious... but, it sounds kind of scary, too.

joyRuN said...

LMAO! The visual is priceless! I would've freaked out, because I don't think I can outrun a pissed-off turkey.

Aron said...

LOL that is hilarious!!! but scary at the same time! i wouldnt want a turkey chasing me :)

Felice Devine said...

Oh no!
That totally brought back youthful memories of being chased my a gaggle of geese when I was in middle school.

I really would have freaked!

Nice job on those runs.

Mendy said...

I'm so glad you're okay. But, now that it is over - that is hilarious. CRAZY too! That would have totally freaked me out.

Nice pace on those runs and congrats on the placing!

Summer Vacation