Friday, December 5, 2008

Pace Setter

I am so honored to be the featured Pace Setter runner this week on April and Amy's blog. Go check out my interview and also check out some of April and Amy's past posts....they are great bloggers...very funny and very inspiring. Thanks again girls!!

Ok, so tomorrow Running Buddy and I are going to run the Army/Navy 10. I am excited because this will be a race for my Running Buddy since I have already hit my 10K PR. Now it is her turn and we are both pretty excited. Although it does look to be pretty chilly.

Sunday, we will be running a 13 mile run hopefully at an 8:53 mpm pace. I am currently following the Boston Qualifying time training plan that is featured in the "Run Less Run Faster" book by Bill Pierce, Scott Murr and Ray Moss. 

Running Buddy and I had an awesome track workout yesterday. I was less than motivated but my trusty partner kept my mind focused. We ran 3 x 1600's at a 7:05 mpm pace (*gasp*). That sucked and it was hard but I hit the mark and Running Buddy was just a few seconds behind me. We did 400m rest intervals in between with a warm up mile and a cool down mile. It was a great workout and very motivating.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks to all of you who keep up with my blog! Thanks again to Amy and April....

I will post race reports and details hopefully on Sunday!  Good luck to anyone who is racing this weekend too-

2 comments:

joyRuN said...

Congrats, Pacesetter! I'll have to head over there :)

"3 x 1600's at a 7:05 mpm pace"?! I think I'd have to be carted off the track in an ambulance after 1 x 200 at 7:05mpm.

Have fun this weekend!!

Marcy said...

Oy, oy, oy. I've have the book (FIRST) and have seen that plan. Ooohhhh Momma! Love the pain baby! Love the pain LOL You're going to do awesome with it!

Summer Vacation