Monday, November 3, 2008

Waiting Game


This week is driving me nuts already. Five days to go and I can't stand waiting. Yes, waiting for the marathon. I feel ready to go...I just wanna go. I want to just run and I can't because I'm on taper. I feel strong and ready and I can't do anything about it.

So, I'm spending obscene amounts of money on running stuff. I just bought a new top, pink running bra and jacket for this weekend. It made me feel good. I also bought this cute little accessory at a local running shop:

And it's PINK! Whoo hoo! Actually, I saw it when I picked up my race packet for the Sandman Triathlon back in September and I have been wanting to have it ever since.

Here is the run down on my workouts since taper started. Just some 5 milers and few 4 milers with Running Buddy.  We had a fun 10 mile local trail run with some folks from the running meet up group on Saturday. I think Running Buddy got a little eye opener.....the run was a little bit of a challenge since the route had some single track trails, lots of sand and a few steep hills with more sand. 

Sunday, we only did an easy 5 miler and then I couldn't stand it....the weather was just too perfect so I took out my Cannondale carbon fiber bike and rode 54 miles. Really, I just cruised it was SUCH a gorgeous day.

Today, since the time has changed, I did an easy 5 miler in the dark with all my blinking and flashing lights. I looked like a Christmas tree. Then I went and spent more money.

Then I got the dreaded text message from my Running Buddy....."I have a 100.1 fever and I'm sick" We are 5 days out from our marathon. I'm so worried.

Off to vote tomorrow so I will be forced into a much needed rest day. Then, I sit and wait....and wait...and wait....until Sunday.


7 comments:

KrissyGo! said...

*whistles*

That is one swanky watch there, missy!

Hope Running Buddy makes a swift recovery -- for both your sakes!

KrissyGo! said...

P.S. I've been Barack-ing the vote in my sidebar all weekend...will continue up to and through election day.

Lily on the Road said...

Cute, is it a garmin??

Hope your Running Buddy gets better soon! Chicken soup....

got my fingers crossed for your vote Today....good luck...

joyRuN said...

Nice watch! Taper-induced shopping - could be dangerous :)

Four days left, girl - hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooohh...I love that pink running watch!! You're gonna rock this marathon girl ;-)

Lisa said...

Waiting is hard....who ever came up with the idea that is was good for building character?!? I'm looking forward to hearing how the race goes. Just let your body do what it knows to do and have fun!

Chic Runner said...

I am super jealous of your watch! :) You're marathon will be here before you know it! Try not to get too anxious.. It's so hard to not be so excited, I know the feeling.

Summer Vacation