Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wardrobe Make Over


I had a rough start to my morning today. First, I stayed up way too late reading tons of blogs. It's like I have become obsessed. Plus, I had two bloody mary's. And, I did a tempo run with Running Buddy yesterday for 7 miles followed by a 1 hour spin in front of Dancing With the Stars.

When the alarm went off this morning, I felt like poop. I dragged myself to the shower, ate my breakfast and poofed my hair. Then, I ironed some clothes for work. I wore a my gray capri pants, 'cuz it's still summer around here. The capris have a zipper on the side. Well, this zipper has been giving me grief for awhile, and well today it decided it was done. 

It jammed up, got caught in part of the pants and wouldn't budge. It would have taken a pair of pliers to get it unstuck. I was breaking a sweat trying to get it unstuck. 

I had 5 min before I needed to get out the door and I was still arguing with the zipper. I finally said F-it, and I ironed another pair of pants. I was pissed.

And it made me realize, it's time to go clothes shopping. OH THE HORROR!

I hate shopping for clothes. Nothing ever looks good on me, I'm fashionably retarded and well, I just don't have the patience.

Do I see things that are cute? Yes. Do I think they would look cute on ME? No.

But, my current wardrobe is showing its age along with its owner.....and it's time for a wardrobe make over.

Now if only I had the money.

In honor of the dreaded dressing room experience, I found this HILARIOUS video about trying on clothes.  Enjoy...



Fleetweek pictures to follow tomorrow......

3 comments:

Marcy said...

LMAO that vid was so cute! I AM SOOOO like that in the dressing room, especially when my bra and panties don't match HAHAHA I'm in there hiding in the corner.

joyRuN said...

Hilarious! And so true about the fluorescent lighting!

I LOVE TJ Maxx/Marshalls - I can pick up a few pieces w/o breaking the bank. I hate trying clothes on though. I'd rather have to return something than try it on.

PS - you know you're tagged, right ;)

Chic Runner said...

Ha ha, so funny. Good luck with the wardrobe overhaul, new clothes will make you feel better, once they are in your closet and not on the racks on the store and you have to try them on.. ugh!

Summer Vacation